All quotations and sales are FCA Seller’s point of shipment unless expressly stipulated otherwise in writing by Seller. The customer shall pay all transportation charges in addition to the price of the products purchased. The risk of loss or destruction of or damage to the products shall be on Customer from and after tender of the products to Customer or carrier, whichever occurs first. Seller shall have no liability to Customer for any delay caused by the company shipping the product(s) to Customer.
Shipment and/or delivery dates are merely estimates and failure of shipment and/or delivery by the estimated date will not constitute grounds for chargeback, setoff, or other damages or claims of damages against Seller. Consistent with industry custom and practice, Seller will deliver the products to the specified address even if there is no one there to accept or sign for the products unless the Customer instructs Seller otherwise in writing. The customer agrees to pay all costs of re-shipment or re-delivery.
Order Inspection & Verification
The customer shall exercise reasonable and timely diligence in discovering and reporting to Seller any damage or shortage in materials and parts. Claims for missing parts, damaged in shipping and/or requested returns must be submitted in writing to Seller within 30 days after delivery to Customer. Shipping packaging is not weatherproof. Thus proper storage of packages is required. Customer agrees they have read the Seller Return Policy (below).
- Before signing for delivery, it is the Customer’s responsibility to inspect the delivery for correct item count and condition. Look for the following:
- Torn or punctured cardboard or stretch wrap.
- Broken or crushed corners.
- Broken pallets.
- Module stacks that shifted on the pallet.
- Missing “Do Not Stack” pyramids on module pallet.
- Verify that the Packing Slip matches the items received in the shipment. If the driver will wait, we also recommend opening the shipment and inspecting items.
- Note any discrepancies in item count and any item damage on Delivery Receipt and inform the driver.
- If possible, take photos of the shipment before signing Delivery Receipt.
- Since most freight carriers will not wait, verify items received as soon as possible. Do not wait until you begin your project to verify items received match what was ordered as you may lose your right to file a claim.
The process for reporting order discrepancies varies based on what the issue is. By following the steps laid out below, the Customer can ensure that claims are processed in the most efficient manner possible. Please direct any questions not covered below to one of our Return Material Authorization (“RMA”) specialists listed at the end of this document.
Reporting Order Issues
For Shipping Damage:
- After inspecting the order, immediately write a description of the discrepancy on the Delivery Receipt and inform the driver.
- Note: If the damage is not recorded and brought to the driver’s attention, the carrier will not honor any damage claim.
- Please also indicate on the Delivery Receipt if the driver was unable or unwilling to wait to allow an inspection of the items within the shipment.
- After noting all discrepancies, please sign for the delivery. If damage to the shipment is substantial, please contact Online Battery Sale at (800) 761-4701 for instructions. If you are unable to reach our office, proceed with signing and receiving the product.
Before filing a ‘Freight Damages’ claim, you must collect the following:
- Pictures of the damaged packaging and product.
- Serial numbers for when applicable, such as damaged modules and inverters.
- A copy of the Delivery Receipt and Bill of Lading.
- A copy of the Packing Slip and Invoice.
Contact our office within 48 hours at (800) 761-4701, or via email (include photos) at [email protected] to notify us of the issue.
In general, the Customer is responsible for filing the freight claim. However, Online Battery Sale will assist you in identifying the appropriate steps to take to file the claim.
- Once the claim is filed, please wait to be contacted by the shipping carrier or for the damage inspection.
Note: For a successful inspection, all original packaging and the damaged product must be maintained until the claim has been settled.
For Overage, Shortage, or Missing Items:
- After inspecting the order, immediately write a description of the item count discrepancy on the Delivery Receipt and inform the driver.
Note: Items that have not shipped will not appear on the Packing List and will automatically be shipped to the address on the order as soon as the product becomes available. It is not necessary to submit a Claim for these items.
- For any overage, shortage, or missing item issues please file a claim by contacting Online Battery Sale within 15 days of receipt.
Returning Product – Seller Return Policy
- After receiving written authorization from Online Battery Sale to return materials, one of our RMA specialists will assist with the return of any undesired product.
Note: Certain items are non-returnable, including:
- Custom ordered items that are non-stocking items.
- non-stocking items that are drop shipped directly from the manufacturer.
- Final sale items that are closeout, discontinued, or obsolete.
- Please return your items to the address provided in your RMA. To expedite claims processing, email the tracking number for your return to our RMA department at [email protected]
Please do not return any product without prior written authorization provided by the RMA Department.
Note: We will pay for return shipping only if the order issue was due to an error caused by Online Battery Sale.
- Once we have received and inspected the return, we will credit Customer’s account for the original purchase price minus restocking fees (if applicable) and the original shipping charge (if applicable). If the error was caused by Online Battery Sale, the original shipping fee and return shipping fee will be refunded.
If the return is not due to our error, a restocking fee will be charged at the following rates:
- Domestic returns are subject to a flat 20% restocking fee.
- International returns are subject to a flat 35% restocking fee.
Note: Credit will not be issued for a returned product that is not received in a resalable condition.